Southview was the last community to develop of those which comprise the Greater Forest Lawn Area. Southview is bounded by 17 Avenue S.E. to the north, 36 Street S.E. to the east, 26 Avenue S.E. to the south, and the Bow River to the west. While development of Albert Park/Radisson Heights and Forest Lawn areas began in 1910, Southview’s history only dates back to 1950. The curvilinear street pattern and street names are characteristic of that period. Southview has good transportation access and views of the Downtown, the Bow River Valley corridor and the Rocky Mountains.