Marketing and Communications Assistant
Job Title: Marketing and Communications Assistant
Department: Engagement Team
Reports to: Executive Director
Working with members of the Engagement Team, you will be responsible for assisting with marketing, promotions, social media, storytelling, and graphic design. You are a creative individual who thinks of new and fun ways to tell a story and are proficient in Adobe products. You are able to work with WordPress and other social media platforms and are able to utilize analytics and metrics to hone messaging and marketing. You have initiative and are ready to put your skills to work!
Marketing and Promotions
- Assist with developing marketing or promotional plans and materials for various events and services of the Federation
- Update and maintain the website and social media sites
- Execute search engine optimization
- Collect, analyze, and report on social analytics and metrics
- Write, edit, and publish 20 issues of the Get Engaged! e-newsletter and provide the City of Calgary and members with newsletter content monthly
Coordination of Social Media and Content Creation
- Coordinate all social media based on content supplied by staff or write as requested (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Web)
- Write and post social media to promote and leverage external events that celebrate and promote grassroots volunteers and community values (i.e. National Volunteer Week, Food Drives, Cultural Holidays, etc.)
- Coordinate member surveys and feedback mechanisms to ensure that The Federation has the pulse on member’s positions
- Writes engaging articles to tell the story of the Federation and of our members
Graphic Design and Creative
- Design and create layout for resources and publications
- Design posters and other media for workshops, brochures and resources as requested
- Create and edit videos
- Update the database daily
- Prepare and provide summary reports as requested
- Contribute to organizational strategy and policy development
- Take actions to minimize risks and maximize opportunities for the organization.
- Work with the Communications Coordinator to ensure brand elements are maintained
- Assist in all Federation events
- Other duties as required
Skills and Attributes:
- Proficient in Adobe Cloud (desktop publishing and video editing), Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Hootsuite or other scheduling platforms, Microsoft 365, Teams
- Experience with analytics and metrics as well as Search Engine Optimization
- Team player
HOURS OF WORK:
35 hours per week plus benefits after 3 months
8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Thursday – 9:00 am to noon on Fridays. Some evening and weekend work.
$20-22 per hour.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send a resume and cover letter to:
Zabin Jadavji, Engagement Manager
Federation of Calgary Communities
110 720 28th Avenue NE
Calgary, AB T2E 6R3
The Federation of Calgary Communities has a few internal committees organized to provide support to the board of directors. A Federation of Calgary Communities board member chairs each committee, with the members being other Federation of Calgary Communities board members or interested individuals from the community at large who have skills or expertise in the following areas:
- Finance – to review current financial policies and develop policies that will meet the future financial needs to sustain a healthy organization.
- Stakeholder Engagement – to focus on communications and fund development efforts with the organization’s various stakeholders.
- Urban Planning – to work with staff to address planning-related matters that have citywide implications and provide education and resources to community associations (note that many individual community associations have planning, transportation or environment committees and are also seeking volunteers).
- Nominations– to solicit appropriate and qualified candidates to serve on the Federation of Calgary Communities Board of Directors.
If you find one of the above committees of interest and would like to be considered as member, please contact our office at (403) 244-4111 or send an e-mail for more information.
The Federation of Calgary Communities has representation on a number of external committees with mandates related to community and the quality of life in Calgary. Staff members represent the Federation on some committees, and board members or other volunteers on others. If you are interested in our external committees, please contact our office at (403) 244-4111 or send an e-mail.
Once every 18 months, the Federation of Calgary Communities receives a license to host a Casino. It takes 40 volunteers to fill the positions for a two-day casino. There are three shift options: the DAY SHIFT is from 11:00 am to 7:30 pm, the NIGHT SHIFT is from 7:00 pm to 3:30 am, and the COUNTROOM SHIFT is from 11:15 pm to 3:30 am. If you are interested in assisting us, please call our office at (403) 244-4111 or email your name and telephone number to be included in our casino database. Since this is an annual event, we keep your information on file.
Interested in volunteering with our Urban Planners? Please send an expression of interest and a resume to email@example.com