Organization Capacity Coordinator (Member Service)
Job Title: Organization Capacity Coordinator (Member Service)
Department: Engagement Team
Reports to: Executive Director
As a member services coordinator, this position is responsible for providing capacity building support to member organizations and their boards with governance and financial literacy. Working closely in partnership and collaboration with other capacity building non-profits, the Organization Development Coordinator will play an important role in supporting members to connect to, obtain and utilize non-profit organization development resources. This position plans and facilitates workshops, provide consultative services and support member organizations as required.
Area of Focus: financial literacy, board governance, meeting management, human resources, policies and procedures and fund development, to name a few.
- Support members in governance best practices and organizational process that support organization development and effectiveness
- Monitor members’ needs on an ongoing basis ensuring services are in-line with needs
- Develop, publish and post written resources, in collaboration with partners as appropriate, based on ongoing needs and trend issues
- Respond to member requests with one-on-one support through telephone, email, in-person advice, consultation, or referrals
- Update resources and act as a referral resource as necessary (i.e. Members Only online resource center)
- Conduct periodic surveys to share information across organizations
- Provides back up support to the Member Services Coordinator
- Support the strategic thinking of the Federation by researching best practices around organization development
Training and Awareness Building
- Develop, convene, and facilitate workshops, meetings and other learning events that encourage innovative and resilience in the core areas of work of the position listed above (virtual, in-person, and on-line learning management systems)
- Develop curriculum and resources in core areas
- Work with other partners to design workshops and training based on needs or trend issues
- Refer and/or connect stakeholders to other community-based resources
- Provide social media and newsletter content
- Work with the other MS Coordinator to develop and implement the Strong Community Model
- Convene conversations and utilize other research methods to flush out best practices around organization development
- Initiate and develop relationships with broad range of community sectors that support best practices in organization development
- Represent The Federation on appropriate committees, network and joint projects
- Develop and provide information about the organization’s goals, programs and services
- Maintain all service requests in a communications database
- Capture great stories from our members and share with communications
- Prepare and provide summary reports of programs and services, including recommendations for future improvement and change
- Contribute to organizational strategy and policy development
- Take actions to minimize risks and maximize opportunities as a whole for the organization.
- Work with Communications to ensure brand elements are maintained
- Assist in all Federation events
- Other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of non-profit governance and financial management/accounting
- Knowledge of computer software, especially MS office and Access
- Skilled in training and facilitation
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Not-for-Profit Studies, Management, Financial Management or related field
- Experience in non-profit governance
- Experience in customer service, training and/or consulting
HOURS OF WORK:
8:30am to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Thursday – 9:00 a.m. to noon Fridays. Some evening and weekend work.
Commensurate with experience. The Federation offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Please send your electronic résumé and cover letter to: Zabin Jadavji, Engagement Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only candidates invited for a preliminary interview will be contacted.
The Federation of Calgary Communities has a few internal committees organized to provide support to the board of directors. A Federation of Calgary Communities board member chairs each committee, with the members being other Federation of Calgary Communities board members or interested individuals from the community at large who have skills or expertise in the following areas:
- Finance – to review current financial policies and develop policies that will meet the future financial needs to sustain a healthy organization.
- Stakeholder Engagement – to focus on communications and fund development efforts with the organization’s various stakeholders.
- Urban Planning – to work with staff to address planning-related matters that have citywide implications and provide education and resources to community associations (note that many individual community associations have planning, transportation or environment committees and are also seeking volunteers).
- Nominations– to solicit appropriate and qualified candidates to serve on the Federation of Calgary Communities Board of Directors.
If you find one of the above committees of interest and would like to be considered as member, please contact our office at (403) 244-4111 or send an e-mail for more information.
The Federation of Calgary Communities has representation on a number of external committees with mandates related to community and the quality of life in Calgary. Staff members represent the Federation on some committees, and board members or other volunteers on others. If you are interested in our external committees, please contact our office at (403) 244-4111 or send an e-mail.
Once every 18 months, the Federation of Calgary Communities receives a license to host a Casino. It takes 40 volunteers to fill the positions for a two-day casino. There are three shift options: the DAY SHIFT is from 11:00 am to 7:30 pm, the NIGHT SHIFT is from 7:00 pm to 3:30 am, and the COUNTROOM SHIFT is from 11:15 pm to 3:30 am. If you are interested in assisting us, please call our office at (403) 244-4111 or email your name and telephone number to be included in our casino database. Since this is an annual event, we keep your information on file.
Interested in volunteering with our Urban Planners? Please send an expression of interest and a resume to email@example.com