The Federation of Calgary Communities has five internal Standing Committees organized to provide support to the board of directors. A Federation of Calgary Communities board member chairs each committee, with the members being other Federation of Calgary Communities board members or interested individuals from the community at large who have skills or expertise in the following areas:
- Finance – to review current financial policies and develop policies that will meet the future financial needs to sustain a healthy organization.
- Stakeholder Engagement – to focus on communications and fund development efforts with the organization’s various stakeholders.
- Organizational Support and Advocacy – to ensure that the Federation of Calgary Communities and community associations continue to be organizations that are effective and efficient in delivering services.
- Urban Planning – to work with staff to address planning-related matters that have citywide implications and provide education and resources to community associations (note that many individual community associations have planning, transportation or environment committees and are also seeking volunteers).
- Nominations– to solicit appropriate and qualified candidates to serve on the Federation of Calgary Communities Board of Directors.
If you find one of the above committees of interest and would like to be considered as member, please contact our office at (403) 244-4111 or send an e-mail for more information.
The Federation of Calgary Communities has representation on a number of external committees with mandates related to community and the quality of life in Calgary. Staff members represent the Federation on some committees, and board members or other volunteers on others. If you are interested in our external committees, please contact our office at (403) 244-4111 or send an e-mail.
Once every 18 months, the Federation of Calgary Communities receives a license to host a Casino. It takes 40 volunteers to fill the positions for a two-day casino. There are three shift options: the DAY SHIFT is from 11:00 am to 7:30 pm, the NIGHT SHIFT is from 7:00 pm to 3:30 am, and the COUNTROOM SHIFT is from 11:15 pm to 3:30 am. If you are interested in assisting us, please call our office at (403) 244-4111 or email your name and telephone number to be included in our casino database. Since this is an annual event, we keep your information on file.
Interested in volunteering with our Urban Planners? Please send an expression of interest and a resume to email@example.com