Parkhill/ Stanley Park is one of the City’s oldest communities, being annexed to the City in 1910. Macleod Trail, the eastern border of the community, is developed with low and medium density commercial uses oriented to automobile traffic. This major vehicular route separates two major types of land use; to the east lie industrial lands and to the west lies Stanley Park and the residential community, which consists mainly of low and medium density housing. The 1994 Area Redevelopment Plan designates the western part as a “Conservation Area”, which encourages the preservation of existing housing and the construction of infill development. The Area Redevelopment Plan anticipates commercial/residential mixed use developments replacing industrial land uses near the L.R.T. station.