Killarney/Glengarry is located on lands in the southwest that were annexed by the City in 1910. The major subdivision plan for the area was registered in 1906 and divided the community into twenty-five and fifty foot lots. During the early 1900s, one storey clapboard housing was predominant. The post World War II boom resulted in the construction of one storey stucco bungalows. More recently there has been residential infill redevelopment on twenty-five foot lots. The Killarney/Glengarry Area Redevelopment Plan recommends guidelines for this type of development to ensure that efforts are made to have new development architecturally compatible with the existing streetscape. Commercial development has occurred within the community, primarily along 17th Avenue S.W. There are a variety of parks and open spaces within the community which provide for both the active and passive recreation needs of the area.