The community of Wildwood is located on the plateau adjacent to the Bow River and Edworthy, who was one of the earliest settlers of Calgary, and who operated three stone quarries in the Wildwood area. Around the turn of the century, the stone from his quarries was used in the construction of many of Calgary’s major buildings. Another well known settler of Wildwood is W.J. Tregillus. Tregillus operated a retail dairy and a brick manufacturing plant in the area that is now known as Wildwood. In 1913 he helped establish the Alberta Farmers Co-operative Elevator Company. Most of the residential development of Wildwood occurred during the 1950s.