ARE YOU INTERESTED IN BECOMING A MEMBER?
How Do We Apply?
Our membership is open to small non-profit organizations. If you’re interested in joining, email a written application to Leslie Evans, our Executive Director, outlining the following:
- Name of your organization
- Description of who you are, who you serve, and how your organization benefits the Calgary community
- If you are a resident association, we want to also know about your working relationship with your community association.
- Why are you wanting to join the Federation of Calgary Communities?
- What services are you hoping to access?
- If you are interested in audit services, what is your year end and when is you AGM?
- Verify your organization is a registered non-profit
- Please enclose a copy of your incorporation certificate and a current Annual Return
What Does It Cost?
Please Note: We do not prorate memberships and they run annually from January 1 to December 31
Education & Support
- FREE attendance to any of our 50+ educational workshop offerings each year.
Click here to view our workshop calendar.
- Access to hundreds of FREE resources on our Members Only online resource library.
- One-on-one support from staff in any of our service areas.
- Reduced rates on both organizational AND personal insurance through
Toole Peet Insurance.
- Exclusive banking package with unlimited transactions and no monthly fees through Servus Credit Union.
- 25% off paint and 15% off paint supplies at Cloverdale Paint.
- 25% monthly monitoring discount with Stealth Alarms.
- Huge savings with reduced fees on your financial audit through one of our public practice auditors.
In fact, we save our members over $250,000 per year in audit fees.
This leaves you with funds to go right back into community
- Important information relevant to your specific board position.
- Get Engaged! bi-weekly e-newsletter full of important news and updates relevant to your organization.
- Monthly content for your community newsletter from community stakeholders like the City of Calgary.
You’re invited to join us at our various networking and celebration
- Monthly Monday Matters drop-in opportunity
- Bi-annual Community Socials networking events
- Faces of Community volunteer recognition event
- Beyond the Four Walls Community Conference
- Cork Connection Wine Tasting & Silent Auction
- Bowls, Beers & Bites Lawn Bowling Tournament
Our annual membership does not guarantee access to audit services as we have a waiting list for certain year ends. Please inquire about the availability of an auditor for your year end if this is a key reason to accessing membership.