Benefits of Membership
Our community members are working hard to make Calgary and its surrounding areas great places to live, work and play. Most of our member organization are run by volunteers – a collective network made up of over 20,000 citizens. Here are some of the ways we support our members!
Education and Resources
- Free access to majority of our 50+ workshops every year
- Access to hundreds of FREE resources in the For Members online library
- Opportunities to learn from your peers
- Watch for our new online certificate courses coming Fall 2020!
Communications and Information
- Guidance and information on local and provincial matters in relation to community organizations
- Information for your specific position as a board or staff member
- Get Engaged! bi-weekly e-newsletter full of important news, updates, and events
- Monthly content for your newsletter from community stakeholders
Audits can get expensive! The Federation offers professional, lower cost public practice audits to non-profits and charities. As well as assistance with tax, AGLC reports, financial compliance, and financial literacy.
Our annual membership does not guarantee access to audit services as we have a waiting list for certain year ends. Please inquire about the availability of an auditor for your year end if this is a key reason to accessing membership.
Join us at our various events throughout the year, including:
- Cork Connection Wine Tasting & Silent Auction
- Presidents Meetings and Networking Events
- Faces of Community volunteer recognition event
- Bowls, Beers, Bites Lawn Bowling Tournament
Membership Savings Program
The Federation has partnered with organizations to provide you with savings on business expenses such as banking, insurance and renovation supplies!
Our current partners include
Tired of your organization paying bank fees? Servus offers Federation members an exclusive banking package with unlimited basic banking transactions, no monthly fees, and a great interest rate!
Not only does Toole Peet provide your organization with unique and specialized liability and directors and officers insurance, they also offer your board members personal insurance at reduced rates!
Whenever your organization and your board members needs to buy paint or paint supplies you simply say you are a “Federation of Calgary Communities Club Member” and you will receive more than 25% off paint and more than 15% off paint supplies!
*Pass this benefit onto your own members!
Federation of Calgary Communities has entered into a exclusive program with ConnectsUs HR™ so you can take advantage of the proven HR and COVID-19 toolkit made for small organizations and Canada-compliant. It’s $499. But enter your Calgary Communities discount code and get 50% off your HR. Pay only $249!
More savings opportunities coming soon!
What Does It Cost?
We do not prorate memberships. They run annually from January 1 to December 31
Be Part of It
Our membership is open to small non-profit organizations.