The job is designed to be part-time during school (about 10 hours a week) and full-time from May to August. Job includes graphic design, event planning, media relations and writing. It works closely with the Executive Director and the Communications and Community Relations Specialist. The position is supervised by the Community Relations Specialist.
Event Planning Assistance
Assist with the planning and execution of the Federation’s involvement in Neighbour Day and our annual fundraising golf tournament.
- Saturday, June 20
- Write news release on Neighbour Day and the community association events taking place
- Attend a few community association run events and take photos and talk to event attendees
Write feature article on community association involvement in Neighbour Day 2015
Annual Chip in Fore Communities Golf Tournament
- Send out donation request letters to a variety of businesses and companies
- Help organize all donations
- Create event program for the tournament
- Coordinate signage with print company
- Assist with event planning and coordination
- Assist on event day wherever needed
Create a variety of design materials for Federation events, marketing, educational resources, and more.
- Create Federation Annual Report
- Create Tradeshow exhibitors booklet
- Create golfer advertisements and event program for Annual Chip in Fore Communities Golf Tournament
- Update Federation Workshop Guide
Design posters for:
Federation workshop offerings
- 2 communications workshops
- 4 Building Safe Communities workshops
- 10-12 Member Services workshops
- Federation workshop offerings
- Assist with the redesign of the Community Guide to the Planning Process and the Planning Committee Guide
Write a variety of news releases for the Federation and the community association movement.
- Neighbour Day
- Annual Chip in Fore Communities Golf Tournament
Assist with the publication of Get Engaged!, the Federation’s bi-weekly e-newsletter and other website updates.
Get Engaged bi-weekly e-newsletter
- Compiling content
- Creating e-newsletter
- Monthly Hootsuite social media scheduling
- Update community association webpage information
- Write feature articles on a variety of events such as Neighbour Day, golf tournament, etc.
Create a storyboard plan for a video on 3 Things for Calgary, Mayor Nenshi’s engagement initiative encouraging Calgarians to get out and volunteer/give back.
How Calgarians should consider getting involved with their community association as one of their “3 things”
- What is a community association?
- Why get involved?
- Where do I start?
- How Calgarians should consider getting involved with their community association as one of their “3 things”
Terms of Employment
Full-time during summer (35 hours per week)
Part-time during school year (10-15 hours per week)
How To Apply
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com