Our Charitable Division
The Friends of the Federation of Calgary Communities is a registered charitable organization with the mandate to:
Provide education to community associations, their executive members and members at large to enable them to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively and economically provide and operate facilities for sporting, recreation, cultural and social activities for the benefit of the community associations and the general public.
The Friends are working with the Canada Revenue Agency to expand our objects to include:
- To advance education by providing leadership training programs to individuals who wish to or do volunteer within their communities
- To advance the public’s appreciation of the arts by producing public art exhibitions, presentations, and performance art events, and by providing a forum for artists to exhibit, present, or perform their artistic works through participation in such events
- To protect the environment by reducing pollution, conserving resources, and enhancing green space for the benefit of the public by planting plants, installing conservation tools and building gardens in the City of Calgary
- To provide a public amenity by establishing public green spaces throughout the City of Calgary.
- To promote and maintain efficiency and high standards of practice in the voluntary sector for the benefit of the public by developing training programs for, and providing funds for the training of, individuals engaged in volunteer roles.
- To promote public participation with volunteer and community organizations with an aim to foster good citizenship and encourage healthy communities
Click here to learn how you can support the Friends of the Federation through the Birdies for Kids fundraising program!