Currently, Heidi Brauer CMA, Nancy Murdoch CA and Keryn Sulimma, CA provide essential audit services to community associations and small not-for-profit organizations. We have worked hard to build a positive team based environment and strong client base, and are looking for audit professionals who are interested in making a difference in our communities. We are looking for a full time Audit Manager. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Provide professional audit services to not-for-profit clients and support to the auditors, including:
- planning and performing audits of Federation of Calgary Communities member;
- communicate with clients around issues and deadlines;
- oversee staff assignments and timing of audits; mentoring, coaching and supervising the in-house audit support staff;
- provide tech work and review of other technicians work prior to be signed off by the auditor ensuring that each file across the Manager’s desk is reviewed and ready for sign off;
a. performing testing for compliance to regulatory bodies;
b. assisting with the completion of audit working papers and audit programs;
c. recommending operational controls and process improvements;
d. determining solutions that add value to client organizations;
- identify issues that need to be resolved prior to sign off of a file;
- communicating findings directly to clients;
- provide technical and software support to audit team;
- other duties as assigned; and Provide consultation and education services to member Community Associations and non-profit organizations, including:
- planning, developing, implementing (or ensuring implementation) and evaluating relevant workshops and seminars on financial management;
- recruiting, screening, training and evaluating any resources required for workshops or seminars; and
- to attend some client Board meetings as requested (approximately 10 meetings per year)
- Ability to build positive working relationships;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Analytical problem solving ability;
- Self directed with a sense of accountability;
- Demonstrated organization and time management skills;
- Effective public speaking and group facilitation skills;
- Ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team.
- Recognized accounting designation required (CA, CMA or CGA);
- Auditors certification required;
- Minimum of five years of public practice accounting/audit experience.
- Audit team leader experience required
- File review experience required
Interested applicants should submit their resume to Leslie Evans. Please include your salary expectations.